Several people have asked me if they can get email notifications for new blog entries, so I’m trying a third-party notification service called “Bot-a-Blog”.
Just click the “BOT ABLOG” button near the lower right-hand edge of the page and sign up for an account. (Let me know how you like it.)
Another, probably better alternative, is get your feet wet with RSS, as follows:
1. Go to http://www.igoogle.com and follow their “Create a home page in 30 seconds” instructions.
2. Bookmark the page, or make it your homepage.
3. Click the “Add Stuff” link near the top of the page.
4. Find the “Add feed or gadget” link and click that.
5. Enter http://www.plamondon.com/b2evolution/blogs/blog4.php?tempskin=_rss2 into the box and press “Add”.
6. Click the “Back to iGoogle home” link, and you should see “A View From the Farm” on your iGoogle home page.
That solves the immediate problem. The iGoogle walkthroughs and help pages are worth looking at. You can add any page with an RSS link (see below)to your iGoogle page.
Practically all major Web sites, blogs, and forums have RSS feeds. The titles of the most recent articles, events, or postings will appear on your iGoogle page. The iGoogle page becomes your window into the Web. Pretty nifty!