Practical, experience-based answers to frequently asked questions about chickens, baby chicks, chicken coops, free-range management, and other issues.
If you don’t find the answer to your question, send me an email (firstname.lastname@example.org) and I’ll try to add the answer to the FAQ.
- Mixing young chickens into your existing flock
- Rescue Hens (old hens from caged layer operations)
- Deep Litter for Chickens
- Egg Cartons
- Choosing a Hatchery
- Magically Finding the Pullet Chicks at the Feed Store
- Baby Chick Care
- Managing Your Roosters
- Chicken Coops
- Free Range, Yarding, and Confinement
- Winter Care
- Health Issues
- Egg Quality/Egg Washing
- Fall/Winter Lights for Hens
- Miscellaneous Issues
- Myths and Scams
- Recommended Reading — Poultry Books and More
- Animal Welfare
Thoughts? Questions? Comments?
I'm wondering what your thoughts are on this issue. Most of my posts are based on input from people like you, so leave a comment below!